The Geotechnical Engineering Technical Division of the ASMR includes professionals involved in all aspects of mining who are interested in geotechnical issues associated with mining.
Scope and Objectives:
- To promote good geotechnical engineering practices in reclamation and mining.
- To provide a forum for discussions and exchange of information on geotechnical engineering issues such as stability of geotechnical structures, underground flooding of mines, waste storage, tailings embankments, impoundments in the coal and metal/non-metal mining industries, state-of-the-science geotechnical engineering investigation techniques, and fate and transport of geochemicals in the environment.
- To assure that our profession is involved in reclamation regulations, planning, implementation, and enforcement.
- To help educate the public with respect to the need for mining and the opportunities for reclamation.
- To cooperate with the other ASMR technical division to further our common goals.
Subcommittees will be called on an as-needed basis.
- Review papers submitted for the annual meeting.
- Chair the TD session for the annual meeting.
- Chair the annual TD business.
- Serve as conduit for information exchange among members of the TD and with the NEC.
- Arrange for chair replacement when stepping down.