The International Tailing Reclamation Technical Division of ASMR includes professionals and academics involved in aspects of mining that are interested in, or are involved with, reclamation of mill tailings including fine slurry materials and other mineral wastes related to the beneficiation of minerals.
Scope and Objectives:
- To promote the successful reclamation of tailing impoundments and related mine waste environs.
- To provide a forum for discussion and exchange of information of information dealing with tailing reclamation.
- To assure our profession is involved in reclamation regulation, planning, implementation, and enforcement.
- To inform the public of the need for sustainable mining, opportunities, reclamation successes, and environmental benefits as a result of modern reclamation.
- To cooperate with other ASMR Technical Divisions to further our common goal.
- To promote the involvement of young professionals involved with tailing reclamation through education and the exchange of ideas.
Special committees may be established for special programs and duties on an as-needed basis.
- Promote tailing reclamation programs at the annual ASMR conference.
- Review technical papers submitted for the annual ASMR conference.
- Chair the ITRTD business meeting.
- Participate in the annual TD business meeting.
- Serve as a conduit for information exchange among the member of the ITRTD and with the NEC.
- Arrange for chair replacement when stepping down.